Thursday, December 15, 2011

Catch Up...

It seems like every time I make a post I'm always playing catch up because I seem to only post once a month. Our lives have been pretty busy lately so that hasn't helped the situation. So I guess this post will once again be a catch up post on what's been happening in our lives.

Thanksgiving
This year we spent Thanksgiving with the Utley side. The food was great and it was fun spending time with family. We had our dinner at the Old School House that my parents own. So, after dinner the kids and part of the brothers spent time racing the plasma cars around the tables. It's always funny to watch them because they are all so competitive. After that we all headed over to Cade's parents house where the boy's played their annual football game. It looked like they had fun and nobody got injured too badly that I'm aware of. Like usual a few of them ended up throwing up their Thanksgiving dinner (Cade of course was one of them). I never understand why they feel they need to play so quickly after dinner. As soon as they finished playing they all decided it was time for pie. We spent the next hour or so eating pie and watching slide shows of Cade and his brothers and sister. It's always funny to see old pictures of Cade because his mom never printed many off. I only ended up taking one picture on all of Thanksgiving which upset me but it was of Easton in his Thanksgiving outfit. I thought it was so cute. It had a turkey on the butt of the pants but I never took a picture of it.



Easton is 4 months old.....
On December 6, Easton turned 4 months old which is still so crazy to me. I took him to the doctor that day for his check up and we got his new results in on how big he is. He weighed 16.5 lbs (81st percentile) and was 26.5 inches tall (94th percentile). He is such a chunk and I love it. His little chubby cheeks and his thighs have to be my favorite. Here are a few things about Easton now that he is four months old....
  • He loves his baths even more now because I no longer sit him on the little chair I just place him directly in the bath. He kicks as hard as he can and just smiles. He is always upset when I make him get out.
  • He is eating 6 to 7 oz. every 2.5 to 3 hours.
  • We have now tried a few different baby foods. Some he loves and others he isn't too sure about.
    • Rice cereal - He will eat it but its not his favorite. He will only take a few bites and then he is done with it.
    • Sweet Potatoes - They are definitely one of his favorites. He gets pretty messy when he eats them. Apparently I can't feed him fast enough so he pulls his bib up to his mouth so he can suck off whatever is on there. It's pretty funny to watch.
    • Green Beans - He hated them. He pulled funny faces and I had to somewhat force him to eat a few bites.
    • Carrots - He has only had these once but seemed to like them quite a bit. We'll try them a few more times to make sure.
  • He loves to watch Cade and Izzy play and smiles a lot especially if they are playing rough.
  • He demands attention which is very frustrating. He absolutely hates to be left in a room by himself.
  • He is very ticklish under his arms and on the sides of his stomach.
  • He loves to watch TV and hates if you lay him down and he can't figure out how to move to see the screen.
  • He loves to be read to. He usually quiets down if he is upset if you just sit down and read him a book.
  • He seems to like his door way bouncer but only for about 5 minute because then he gets bored.
  • He hates his stomach and screams bloody murder at you if you make him have tummy time. I'm not sure the kid will ever roll over.
Here are a few pictures of this last month of him..

I wanted to buy this cowboy hat for him so bad but I decided that he had to have cowboy clothing to wear with it so I will have to wait until he is walking so I can buy him boots and all.

So happy to be eating sweet potatoes.


Our New Adventure
For those who don't know Kincade and I made a huge decision to start a new adventure. Cade still isn't sure whether or not it was the right decision but I hope he doesn't regret it. My dad and brother approached Cade and I about running a separate feed yard that they were thinking about leasing. After a lot of thinking we decided that we would do it. So, Cade quit his job in November. His last day of work was the day before Thanksgiving. My dad and brother began leasing the new feed yard on December 1. Cade is managing the feed yard and I will be doing the books there. It is definitely a learning process for both of us. Probably more him than me but I hope he completely catches on and enjoys the job. We are doing a year lease to make sure we aren't losing money in the process and to make sure that we are happy with the situation at that point as well as the owner of the feed yard. I hope it all works out best for everyone in the end but it's definitely been a struggle for everyone so far it seems. Cade wasn't used to working 7 days a week but that's pretty much what he'll be doing from here on out. We just hope that in the long run we will get to spend more time together and that he will get to see Easton more. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Cougar and Coon Hunting
For those of you who don't know Cade is a big hunter and would probably do it on a daily basis if he had the money to and if I would let him. This past year he really got in to coon hunting which I've found is a very expensive hobby. He started with only one dog, Toby, who is a hound/lab mix (I think). It took him a while to get Toby interested in killing coons but as soon as he realized how much fun it was he loved it. Cade used to go out with a friend so they would take Toby and the friends 6 to 8 other dogs. That's when Cade became addicted to it and told me he needed some hounds so he could go on his own. Of course I told him we didn't need anymore dogs but that didn't seem to slow him down any. We now have 4 hound dogs and then Izzy so 5 dogs total. My brothers wife always calls us the crazy dog people now. We just laugh. I do love dogs but I'm not sure what to think about having 5 dogs. The worst part is that we don't even have a house yet so the 4 big dogs are down on some farm land of my dad's. We are in the process of searching for a home but we are being so picky we haven't found on yet. Hopefully soon so we can have all the dogs at our house.

Anyways, so two of the dogs are full grown (Toby and Crow) and we've had them for a while now. Then we have to hound pups (Doc and Buster). He hopes he can train the two pups to become good hunters like Toby and Crow. We'll see how it goes. But Cade has spent so much time coon hunting. He just loves it.

This year he drew out for the Cougar hunt and is hoping his dogs can help him get one. I really do hope he can kill one because he has been so excited about it. I guess I will just have to keep everyone posted on whether or not he gets one.
Toby and Crow after a night of coon hunting.

Doc

Buster

On a side note....Kincade has been so happy because his best friend is back from Iraq. Here is the two of them eating a Woohoo burger. I thought it was quite disgusting.


I do apologize for such a long post but so much has happened and I haven't had any time to post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment