Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Road Trip & Our New Car

This past weekend we took Easton on his first road trip. We left Friday night and headed for Hurricane. I couldn't believe how well he traveled. I was quite worried that he would cry the entire way but he just slept. We stopped by Annette's house so she could see Easton because her and Travis were leaving for the weekend. After our stop there we headed over to Branden's and Chelsea's to spend the night.

We had huge plans for Saturday. We wanted to go to Sand Hollow and go cliff jumping but we had also wanted to take our car in and see what Stephen Wade would give us for trade on it. We really had no intentions of trading in our car that day (or at least I didn't for sure). But after spending hours at the dealership I finally agreed to get rid of my car. It was very hard on me but I knew that I couldn't drive it in the winter with Easton. So now I am driving a Ford Edge. I never ever thought I would say I drove a Ford because we are such a Chevrolet family but we got a good deal on it and Kincade and I liked the look. So here is our new car.......
Because we ended up spending such a long time at the dealership, we sadly didn't make it out to the lake. We were both pretty sad about that because we were excited to get out and do something fun together without Easton.

Sunday morning we headed off to Las Vegas for my cousin Taylor's mission farewell. I was once again worried about Easton and how well he would travel but he did amazing both ways. Shanelle sat in the back seat with him the entire way and he hardly made a peep both ways which was probably a good thing for all of us. I think we are so blessed to have such a good baby. I just hope he continues to be a good traveler (not that we even travel much).

Overall it was a good trip though. We were happy we could drive down and support Taylor. We were also so blessed that Cade's mom was in St. George at his sisters house because instead of crating Izzy all day while we were in Vegas, Cheryl got to puppy sit her. It sounds like they had their hands full with her. We are so grateful to have such amazing family around to help us out all the time. And it was a great weekend full of family time which is always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment